Crossfit dreams

Saturday, September 5, 2009


Fight gone bad yesterday was brutal. It was my first time doing it, and Justin prescribed a lighter weight in hopes we'd be able to do more reps. Which worked for everyone -- but me. I scored 254 or something -- compared to all the other girls who had scores at least higher than 280. I know I shouldn't compare myself to other people, and that I should focus on my form and technique and finding ways to push myself harder. Still, I couldn't stop replaying the WOD in my mind all day, mentally telling myself I could have easily done more reps at each station, playing out how it would have looked and felt.
Apparently my subconscious likes that game because it didn't stop when I went to sleep. I woke up all night long, thinking I had just completed a one-minute station and needed to move on to the next. It was so strange. Even stranger was in the morning, Forrest said he had a similar dream.
Then he told me about the one he had a night earlier, which I think wins for best yet. In it, he was chasing after a bad guy or something, but every 400 meters he had to stop and do squats or push ups or sit ups.
Are we crazy, or does Crossfit get in anyone else's head like this too?

0 comments:

Design of Open Media | Source: Free Blogger Templates