Day 1 Paleo Challenge

Monday, July 27, 2009


Hi everyone. I'm starting this blog to track my food and fitness during a three month Paleo challenge at Orange Coast CrossFit in Newport Beach.
I never thought I'd do something like this. I'm a total foodie -- even freelance dining reviews when I'm not working. So the idea of eating only what the cavemen had available (ie: no breakfast burritos or gelato) has always been slightly horrifying.
But for the past two months, I've been working out at CrossFit, and I'm in love with the challenging workouts, the encouraging people who are sweating next to me every day, and how strong I feel after only a couple months.
If I can feel this great without watching my diet at all, imagine how trying this diet will feel! Plus, I'm going to try to take photos and describe the food I eat to see if Paleo is as limiting as it sounds.
Judging by breakfast this morning, I'm going to do just fine:
Three eggs, scrambled with turkey bacon, shallots, red and green onion and fresh cilantro. Half an avocado on top.
Yeah, it's a big meal. But I had a big workout this morning.
3-3-3 Deadlift. My last round was at 160.
After that we did five rounds for time of 7 pullups, 7 dumbbell thrusters (#20), 7 ring dips and 30 double unders.
Today I weigh 147.5. I'm 5'8.

2 comments:

Photographer: Holly Steen said...

Good Luck!

I would love to hear about the difference in your recovery, training endurance and overall effects this had on your event.

Paleo Jen said...

Thanks, Holly! Stay tuned!

Design of Open Media | Source: Free Blogger Templates