Day 3: Good morning guilt

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Had the best birthday celebration last night with some great friends at Shik Do Rak in Garden Grove. If you've never been, you must try. It's basically a meat-eating frenzy.
And while the beef we're grilling up isn't exactly lean, it also doesn't contain sugar or carbs or any of the other stuff that's not allowed on Paleo. The meal comes with tons of delicious little side dishes, such as seaweed salad and kimchi. The only thing I really love that I couldn't eat was some bean sprouts.
Well, that and the chocolate cake my friend Cindy brought for my birthday because she didn't know I was on this diet. And now comes my confession -- I have wasted my first cheat day. I couldn't say no to a double chocolate cake topped with candles just for me. So Forrest and I split a small slice. (Forrest is my boyfriend who works out at CrossFit South Bay. He's also doing Paleo.) And I might have had some beer, as well.
Then on my way home from dinner, I saw a facebook post from Zac about how he came home to a freshly baked batch of brownies and didn't eat them. And this morning I saw that Justin made up a "Jen" WOD for my birthday today. So I'm feeling guilty. But also really determined to see this through. And grateful that I work out at a gym and am going through this with such encouraging, all around awesome people.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, Jen.. I am Justin's mom, here in OKC.. Justin convinced us to give the Paleo way of eating a try and two weeks ago, I went through our kitchen like a tornado and got rid of much of what we were eating. Usually most of our food would be considered really healthy, but too much cheese, pasta, rice (brown), etc.. And then Ray and I went shopping and shopping and shopping. Two weeks in this old couple feels great. We don't miss the other stuff at all, even the baked potato chips, rice cakes, etc... I don't know, it's kinda weird, but it just feels right. We feel a balanced , whole life. Like everything we do , we do with integrity, including what we eat, what we say, how we work.... It is amazing how most of us don't realize just how completely us, as humans, are really a whole being. IF we cheat at some part of our life, be it exercise or eating or working, then it seems to affect our character and who, exactly, we are.

Anyway, dear one.. Ray and I read your blog every day and are enjoying it immensly. You girls are so gorgeous. So fit and so strong and just like females were meant to be.. Not just skinny, as Justin commented on yesterday. I am very grateful that my son is surrounded every day by the wonderful people like yourself.

I hope to see you when I come back to Calif..

Jeanie Pochatko

Design of Open Media | Source: Free Blogger Templates