Day 4: Going nuts

Thursday, July 30, 2009

I haven't been sleeping well this week. Not sure if it's because of eating paleo, or because it's hot in Fountain Valley or because I've been sore lately from the workouts.
Regardless, my restlessness at least has one benefit: I can remember what I dream. And last night's was nuts.
Even though today is a rest day for me, sometimes I'll dream about what the workout will be at CrossFit. It's like my subconscious is anxious about what grueling workout awaits when I wake up.
Today, I dreamed that our WOD wasn't a workout at all and that instead, we had to make paleo food for old people. Justin had brought in these old 1950s grimy ovens, and we were supposed to be baking meat. But some people added beans and sour cream -- like they were making a cassarole -- and the food blew up in the oven. I woke up so confused, not because we were asked to bake at the gym, but because I thought for a minute that I might be allowed to eat bean burritos after all.
I definitely didn't eat burritos yesterday:
Wasn't feeling good in the morning, so I didn't eat until lunch. Had a shrimp salad during a work meeting with tomatos and almonds.
Then at 4, before crossfit, I was starving again so I went to this sandwich shop by my office and asked them to scoop some tuna in a cup and throw in half an avocado and tomato slices. I thought I might throw that up during the second round of lunges yesterday.
Then I met some girlfriends for day-after-birthday dinner and had a chicken salad with avocado and almonds on top.
Here's the lunchtime salad:

0 comments:

Design of Open Media | Source: Free Blogger Templates