Day 8: In awe

Monday, August 3, 2009

Justin blogged the other day about the philosophy of CrossFit, the healthy competition and drive to improve that catapults members into better shape.
I started CrossFit with my good friend Lindsay (that's her after Saturday's workout -- photo courtesy Orange Coast Crossfit), and I love it when we get to work out together because with every workout, she's so determined to push through and lift more and go faster. It keeps me honest and motivated. And being able to see how we improve together has been awesome.
Well, except when she completely kicks my ass during a workout like she did this morning.
Lindsay did the workout today Rxd, which means it's the prescribed weight for all around bad-ass girls. I've been able to rx a couple workouts, but I'm still not strong enough to do the majority of them. This morning's WOD was 21-15-9, burpees, push press and kettlebell swings.
The rx for push press was 65.
I started the workout rx'd just like Lindsay. But after struggling through four push presses on my first round, I had to drop 10 pounds. And even then, I was still dumping weight throughout the WOD. Meanwhile, Lindsay just got it done in what I'm sure were painful sets of four.
Great fucking job this morning, Linds. You killed it. And now you have me imagining how I'm going to do shoulder workouts in Nicaragua.
(And cheap plug: Lindsay is a top wedding/party planner, so check out her website if you know anyone who's walking down the aisle soon.)

2 comments:

Silverwind said...

Keep it up! ^_^ ('Tis Wednesday, already, we're missing you! ;) )

LVL Events said...

thanks for the kind words miss jen. you are the best work out buddy ever and you totally push me to my potential.

Design of Open Media | Source: Free Blogger Templates